Friday, October 12, 2012

G is for Golden Mesa

G is for Golden Mesa

How I got there I really don't know but let it be known that the decision was all mine.

I had come home from my mission having saved $10,000.00 to fix up my greatly loved house.  Somehow it didn't go as far as I had expected and though I got a new driveway, xeroscaping and painting, that was about all.  I lucked into a wonderful young man, Jon Linford, who did my gardening.
Still I was lonely even though I rented a room to a lovely student, Jennifer Stokes, who I saw very little.  I worried my health was failing because I wasn't eating right.

When Connie came by with here six children looking for a place to rent I thought my house would be the perfect  size for a family her size and offered it to her.  Now what to do with me, I thought I could rent an apartment and then move back in when they left in a year or so.... or sell.

Golden Mesa had been sending me cards ever since I had been visiting friends there.  Connie came with me to accept one of their tours and free meal offers.  The pluses were very evident.  Three, three course meals a   day, swimming pool and hot tub (my doctor had told me to walk in a pool for a half hour every day for balance), activities I love such as exercising, tai chi, writers group, singing group, sewing group, a library, tv room, computer room, trivia group and many different kinds of people to do these things with.

Jennifer, the beautiful lady who showed us around introduced us first to Everett a blind man who had received a Phd. in History and had taught at a university.  He sang the praises of Golden Mesa and how much he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment