Home
in Hurricane
Since the computer wiped out anything I had to
say about the seven months I spent at
Golden Mesa and a year at the Village at Northrise; suffice it to say
I’ve “been there done that” and my memories
are of many new friends, ok meals, and many deaths, one at a time, with no
lingering illnesses.
Now with
Barbara in Utah life seems much busier and more home like. I fill my days with
Senior Citizens lunches, playing the piano for them and taking their exercise
classes. The food is much better both
there and at home. I often go to the
library and the family history center, starting out with indexing. (there goes the computer blacking out again) I’m also taking a goard painting class. I can’t quite get in the Indian motive most
of them use. So far I’ve just painted
birds and horses on mine and one of the local mountains and golf course.
The ward, I
can see out my bedroom window is huge, in membership, I mean, and growing. There
are 213 Relief Society Sisters, many of them filling the largest class room. The membership is mostly older couples and
middle marrieds, some widows. There are
plenty of young priesthood holders to pass the sacrament. I’ve been told many general authorities
retire in the St. George area. The
Sacrament meetings are full and the speakers are outstanding. We also go to choir. There is a book club once a month. Barb has missed the last two but I go. The ward will be starting “empty nesters” in
October which is pot-luck and excellent speakers. Last time was Del Parsons.
You’ve seen his paintings in the temples.
Barbara is
very busy. Besides teaching, she is
taking five classes and tutoring three hours a week, runs me to dentist and eye
appointments etc. etc.etc. I’m content
so far with quite good health. So H is
for Home in Hurricane
No comments:
Post a Comment