Thursday, September 3, 2015

Nana's 85th


September 3 2015 Hurricane, Utah

“The best laid plans of mice and men of times go astray”  I wrote to Vera
after the birthday party she planned for me fell through. They had all made their
Labor day plans in advance.  So we may try again in a few weeks when Julie and
John come to Utah.

As planned, I will celebrate my 85th birthday for a full month with a series of
small house parties.  Last night I had my home teachers and wives to a pot luck
dinner and games.  I furnished the rolls and ham.  Sister Lynedecker brought
orange jello salad and a potato casserole.  Sister Maupin made a delicious
chocolate cake. The conversation centered around Lyndecker’s daughter’s new
boyfriend.  Bro Maupins having played trombone for Circus Ole’s entire run in Las
Vegas and Barbara’s jokes.  We never got to the games as Sis Maupin had to be
taken to the hospital.  She has CHF and came to the dinner although she wasn’t
feeling well.  This happens a lot so we don’t get too excited about it.  I was so
exhausted I decided I couldn’t work that hard getting the house spotless next
time.

This morning Julie called and said this was DDDD day for them.  John will
sign the contract for Kansas and hand in his resignation to Tenn.  He got a good
will down size the size of house they buy.  John is 60 now and hopes to retire at
65.  He will still need a workshop so she is talking of a triple garage.  That doesn’t
sound like downsizing to me.    Now comes the challenge to see if I can save this
and send it to Nana’s Blog. (Thanks Julie)

No comments:

Post a Comment