The first class I attended with ICL was cool, I'll say. I had gotten my Dixie parking sticker ($30.00) and was able to park right in front of the Eccles building. The class was on "What to Listen for in Music."
Todays class was on Rythmn. She played first "Guitar" by Rodrigo which was great and showed how many different time signitures he used. Then she played Jazz and we were to pick out how many different instruments were used. Chopin often wrote with accent on 2. She played Dave Bruebeck. His jazz had five beats. She didn't tell us first. She had only discussed 3/4, 4/4, and 6/8 with us. I was struggling trying to find that 6th beat and then she told us there isn't one. She played Ravel's "Bolero" saying the critics hated it but if played well you're not aware its speeding up and if you let yourself flow with it it is quite an experience. I'll be sure to continue with her. Her name is Stringham. Who do we know by that name?
I could go to classes five days a week but its not practical to go to SG every day. So having mulled it all over I've decided to go on Monday and Wednesdays to Mark Twain, Singing for Fun,
No comments:
Post a Comment