September 29,2015
Yesterday was a scary day in ways. I had left my glasses at Zions optical when I took Shirley, otherwise known as squirrely shirley,because of her bi-polar illness, to her eye appointment in SG. While she was there I traveled over hill and dell to get my parking sticker at Dixie college only to find out the ticket office was closed for two days. I had a hard time finding my way back as my "pathfinder" wanted to direct me to another place. Anyway yesterday after senior lunch I decided to go get them. Robert Spear volunteered to go with me. I was sure I knew right where to go. Guess what? It took us two hours to get there after multiple calls to the office. I was close to tears. Robert was stoic as usual. I took time to have a hot chocolate and get one for him. As usual a nice lady insisted on carrying them to the car for me. I guess I really come across as helpless. I was so exhausted by the time we got home he, suggested, I think, that we eat. Enchiladas, his treat, at Lupita's tasted great so we then went to the movie "The Intern", my treat, with Robert DiNero and.... that gorgeous girl I think is Mormon. It was good. When I took Robert home he kissed my hand as he exited the car. Before you get any ideas realize that Robert didn't know where the car was parked when it was right in front of the theatre. It doesn't help that he is almost blind in one eye and that he's sure he's failing badly. He's only 83. Well enough for yesterday.
Today I treated my visiting teacher partner Reva George and the three sisters we teach to lunch. They are Karen Cleverly, who met her husband the Bishop on the internet after her failed marriage and his wife having died. Vicki Bush, who works weekends in the Walmart warehouse and therefore never gets to church, and Linda Kindell, an exercise enthusiast who plays golf and tennis and loves to decorate her house in and out for holidays. We had a good time and Karen made Vicki promise they would come to "Empty Nesters" Monday. After that I was late for the goard painting class and they had cancelled. I came home exhausted, not having slept well last night. I was supposed to visit Beverly Maupin, my home teachers wife. He is almost exhausted from caring for her so I offered to help. She excused me this time but wants me to come on Friday. I will rest up for that.
In my next blog I'll talk about the classes I'm taking with ICL Institute for Continued Learning
No comments:
Post a Comment