HOW TO LISTEN TO MUSIC
I really enjoyed this class. She played some beautiful music for us. The teacher said she was just going to teach the same things next semester so I guess I won't repeat it. The last notes I took were about Chopin, Saint Saens and Ravel.
Chopin had a companion Aurora Dudival who wore tuxedos and smoked cigars. His Raindrop Prelude starts out with the softness of her. This prelude was used in a movie that had the Morris code played by a piano. Chopin had TB and imagined rain beating on his chest with repetitive high note and then middle.
Saint Saens wouldn't let his last piece be played until 10 years after his death. He thought it was too light.The first part is to depict a lion, second we are to guess what animal it is. It is called Aquarium.
Ravel wrote the ballet Daphne and Cloe.The first part is called Morning. The dream of witches sabbath
He wrote it for Harriet Smithson.
Hector Berlioz father sent him to medical school. He was disgusted with the use of rats in experiments and so went to art and music school. Deaseria =dooms day
Unfortunately I took these notes on the back of a Family Ordinance Request so I don't know if they will accept it. I woke up at 2:00 am worrying about finding the request before I go to the temple at 7:00 so I think this relative wants her work done.
No comments:
Post a Comment