June of 2015
Lately I have been prone to heaving great sighs - don't know what it means-other than that I'm happy to be alive and sighing over it. Six months ago when I had my accident- have I really not recorded it?---Well here goes.
December 15, 2015 - Went to the library with books in the front seat - parked, I thought - got out - reached in for books - realized it was rolling - (had slipped or never been put in park) - The drivers tire caught the toe of my right tennis shoe and rolled up my leg to my knee. I fell out screaming "Help!" Immediately there was a women's voice behind me asking "What do you want me to do?" "Pull me out" I said. She did. I could see another lady dialing 911. I didn't see my helper but hope to bump into her at the library - someday. In the ambulance I was concerned about the large cashiers checks I had just got at the bank to send to my kids for Christmas - I asked for my purse and immediately tore them up. I was told the policeman at the scene said it was good the car stopped rolling at my knee - if not it would have crushed my torso - and killed me.
This is the part that some of my posterity may not beleive, but I do so must record. It stopped rolling where my garments ended. My patriarical blessing said - If I lived the gospel I would never "meet with a serious accident." This accident seemed serious - but not serious enough to take my life. I will always believe someone was looking out for me because of my faith.
In the emergency room they found no broken bones or tendons. There was a clean cut from my ankle to my knee, moon shaped that flapped open. They closed it with a tape and sent me to the wound clinic where Doctor Craig Booth (70 plus) put five clamps on it to close it up..No one thought to look under my calf for a couple of days where they then found a hematoma the size of a baseball which when opened left a gapeing hole. The top wound healed nicely but the other took five months of wearing a wound vac and grafts to heal. The reason it took so long was that pockets would form that had to be surgically opened. Those cuts were painful where the wound on top never was. The surgeon did not want to cut any further behind the knee because it was too dangerous, he said
said.
No comments:
Post a Comment